Home Remedies To Remove Sun Tan
I had recently been on a vacation to Goa. Goa is one of my favourite holiday destination as I love beaches. But along with beaches comes sun tan and in my case the tan takes forever to fade, if I wait for it to fade on its own. So this time I decided to try out some home remedies to help me get rid of that stubborn sun tan quicker.
Below are details of some of the home remedies that have worked really well for me.
- Lemon juice: Cut a lemon and directly rub the slice on the tanned skin. Allow it to sit for few minutes and wash it off. You can also add some honey to lemon juice and apply this mixture.
- Bengal gram flour and turmeric: Mix a tiny amount of turmeric with two tablespoons of gram flour. Add enough milk and rose water to make this into a thick paste. Apply this mixture to the tanned areas and leave it for 15-20 minutes before taking it off.
- Cucumber juice, lemon juice and rose water: Mix one tablespoon of each ingredient and apply it on the tanned skin generously. Wash it off in 15minutes.
- Masoor, tomato and aloe vera: Soak one tablespoon of masoor dal in water and make it into a paste. Now add aloe vera gel and tomato paste to the tanned area. Keep it on for 30 minutes and wash it off.
- Yogurt and tomato extract: Mix one tablespoon of both yogurt and tomato paste. Apply it on the tanned areas, leave it for 30 minutes and wash it off.
- Potato juice and lemon juice: Mix one tablespoon of potato and lemon juice each. Apply and leave it on for 30 minutes then wash it off.
- Sandalwood paste: Apply sandalwood paste on your face once daily and wash it off once its dry.
All the ingredients can be easily found in your kitchen. Do give these home remedies a try and let me know about your experience.