Lizzo Weight Loss Transformation: How She Lost 50 Pounds?
trisha sinha roy
Updated At 26 Aug 23
Lizzo is the stage name of Melissa Viviane Jefferson, an American hip-hop singer and songwriter residing in Houston, Texas. On April 27, 1988, in Detroit, Michigan, Lizzo was born. Many of Lizzo's followers are unaware that she has classical flute training. Through her songs, Lizzo strongly promotes body positivity and self-love and exhorts listeners to embrace their unique identities. Lizzo continues to encourage people to accept themselves as they are and embrace their individual and unique beauty in spite of the enormous praise and admiration she has received for her message to her fans.
Being a plus-size woman herself, Lizzo is a strong supporter of body positivity. Fans have recently gotten interested in Lizzo's weight reduction as a result of their observation of her recent weight loss. One of the best celebrity weight loss stories, Lizzo has shed a whopping 50 pounds, and many of her admirers are curious how she did it.
Lizzo Body Stats
Date Of Birth - April 27, 1988 (Age - 35 Years)
Height - 5 feet 10 inches
Weight Before - 308 Pounds
Weight After - 258 Pounds
Weight Loss achieved - 50 Pounds
One of the most significant reasons in her weight loss, outside her diet and exercise, has been the use of weight loss supplements. She chose the Active KETO Gummies keto supplement, which has assisted her in losing weight.
Lizzo Weight Loss Diet
Lizzo weight loss involved a completely vegan diet and she had to completely dismiss a lot of the foods she liked in order to get into the shape was looking for.
Lizzo mentioned that her “super clean” diet has been one of the main reasons for her 50 pound weight loss. Lizzo chose to speed up her body's fat-burning process and chose a very strict diet for that. She completely cut out processed and fast foods such as pizza, pasta, cheeseburgers, tacos and french fries.
“I lead a very healthy lifestyle—mentally, spiritually, I try to keep everything I put in my body super clean. Health is something I prioritize, wherever that leads me physically.
Lizzo did not consume fewer meals as part of her weight loss diet regimen. Instead, she was permitted to consume the same number of calories but with a variety of meals. She began eating more fruits, veggies, salads, and smoothies after giving up fast food.
She was informed that in order to balance her calorie intake and burning process and burn more calories, she needed to exercise more.
Read More: How Chrissy Metz Lost 100 Pounds
Lizzo Weight Loss Diet Plan
Lizzo had once been a lover of fast foods and would consume a lot of those on a daily basis. When Lizzo weight loss plan was finally put to action, she decided that she wanted a plant-based vegan diet to help her feel fresh and cleanse her system from all the oil and fat that she had subjected herself to throughout the years.
- Breakfast: Out of Lizzo weight loss diet, one of Lizzo's personal favorites was a coconut water smoothie which she would usually have for breakfast. Other than her coconut smoothie, Lizzo would usually make a smoothie out of fresh fruit or vegetable for breakfast. She preferred green fruits to start her day with. Sometimes she would also switch it up with frozen fruits or kale salad or spinach for a change.
Read More: Talia Jackson Weight Loss
- Lunch: Lizzo maintained a strict rule of having a salad every day for lunch. Her lunch salad consisted of all green vegetables. She would sometimes have fruit after lunch on days she wanted to cheat a little.
- Snack: Her weight loss plan required her to cut down on too frequent snacking. Her favorite snack is hummus which was her usual snack during her weight loss journey.
- Dinner: Lizzo's usual dinner in her weight loss plan was a truffle-chickpea-mushroom ball with quinoa. She also added her dinner leftovers to her supper recipe at times.
Dessert's And Beverages In Lizzo's Diet
Lizzo followed a strict diet, but she did indulge in cheat meals occasionally. She substituted healthier treats for the customary ones.
- Dessert: Lizzo acknowledges that she has a sweet tooth, but her weight loss plan did not call for any sweet indulgences. Typically, Lizzo would make a smoothie. Smoothies with peanut butter and jelly were popular sweets. She also adored having oat milk, vanilla protein powder, and frozen strawberries for dessert.
- Beverage: Water was a key component of Lizzo's weight loss diet because it keeps you hydrated. She discovered a vegan soda that she adored to sip when she needed a break.
Read More: How Jessica Simpson Lost 100 Pounds
Why Lizzo Became a Vegan
Lizzo explained that the real reason of her becoming Vegan is because she felt better after eating plants. She had mentioned,
Like veganism, people were like, ‘You’re a vegan? What, are you deep frying the lettuce?’ I’m not a vegan to lose weight, I just feel better when I eat plants.
Lizzo's Weight Loss Supplements - Active Keto Gummies
Along with a healthy diet and regular workout routine, Lizzo also went for weight loss supplements- active keto gummies.
This weight loss supplement is keto friendly and helps users to reach and maintain ketosis. Once the body reaches ketosis, it burns fat instead of carbohydrates for energy. This leads to weight loss as the body regularly burns more and more fat.
Read More: Randy Jackson Weight Loss Story
Lizzo Weight Loss Workout
The regular workout was a huge part of the Lizzo weight loss diet. Lizzo hit the gym every single day to burn the calories that she had gained and to maintain a balance in her calorie intake and expenditure. Lizzo never skipped her workout sessions. Lizzo's workout was largely cardio. She did this thrice a week. She also did strength training four times a week. Lizzo weight loss plan also included a lot of yoga and even meditation to help her stay calm and focused through her very intense journey.
Here is what Lizzo did as part of her weight loss workout plan.
- Weight Lifting: Lizzo weight loss also involved weight lifting to help her tone her body and get it in shape.
- Stationary Bike Riding: Lizzo spent a considerable amount of time as part of her cardio workout sessions riding her stationary bike. This exercise helped her in weight loss and boosting energy levels. It also aids in lowering stress levels and maintaining her blood pressure and sugar levels.
- Skipping Rope: One of the best and easiest cardio exercises is skipping rope and Lizzo did this regularly. Skipping rope strengthens muscles and bones and it is also one of the easiest ways to speed up weight loss.
- Lat Pull Downs: Lizzo weight loss also had a lot of lat pulldowns since the sudden change in diet would bring about changes in her body as well. Lat pull-downs help in strengthening the back. It enhances spinal posture and stability.
Also check out Kelly Clarkson weight loss story as she lost a whopping 40 pounds naturally!
Lizzo's Take On Weight Loss
Lizzo has been an advocate of body positivity and she had always embraced her body as well. She feels,
It sucks that we associate weight gain with the negative thing that causes it. It’s mixing this beautiful thing that’s food—and nourishing ourselves with it, but it’s the stress that’s the bad thing, not the 20 pounds.
I feel very lucky because I don’t feel that weight gain is bad anymore. Nor is weight loss—it’s neutral. And food is fun. I love eating, and I have a chef now, and I’m not thinking about it. I had a brownie last night.
Lizzo also mentioned that she had received criticism for her weight in the past. Even celebrity trainers have been critical of her. However, she had always taken the views positively.
"I've been working out consistently for the last five years, and it may come as a surprise to some of y'all, but I'm not working out to have your ideal body type — I'm working out to have my ideal body type"
Check out more about Jessica Simpson weight loss story as she lost a whopping 100 pounds like Lizzo.
Lizzo Weight Loss FAQs
Q. Is Lizzo vegan?
Yes, Lizzo had become vegan as she loved eating plants. She now follows a strict diet and has cut down on all processed foods. Additionally, she now makes sure to have a salad in her lunch on most of the days.
Q. What were the weight loss supplements taken by Lizzo?
Lizzo consumed KETO Gummies supplements during her weight loss journey. This helped in buring more fat which helped her in reducing weight.
Q. How much was Lizzo at her heaviest?
Lizzo weighed around 308 pounds when she started her weight loss journey. She subsequently lost almost 50 pounds by following a healthy diet and workout routine.
Q. Is Lizzo a vegetarian?
Yes, Lizzo is a vegetarian now. She became vegan in 2020 but she started eating only vegetarian foods from 2013 onwards.