Rujuta Diwekar Diet Plan And Weight Loss Exercises You Must Know
Updated At 25 Dec 20
Do you want to be as fit and fabulous as Kareena Kapoor? Then do exactly what she does to stay healthy and in shape—listen to her dietician, Rujuta Diwekar.
Rujuta gained immense popularity after Kareena’s size zero figure became a hot topic of discussion everywhere. That was in 2008. And since then Rujuta has successfully established her niche as everybody’s favorite dietician. From commoners to celebrities, everybody loves her tips for healthy living. This is why we have brought for you our favorite Rujuta Diwekar diet, weight loss tips, and much more.
In this article, we have specifically covered:
- Rujuta Diwekar Diet Plan
- Rujuta Diwekar Diet Plan For Weight Loss
- Rujuta Diwekar Weight Loss Exercises
- Indian Superfoods Rujuta Diwekar Recommends
- Rujuta Diwekar Fees And Her Weight Loss Programs
Who Is Rujuta Diwekar?
Rujuta Diwekar is a leading nutrition and exercise science expert. Born in a middle-class family who loves to do yoga, Rujuta was always influenced to learn about nutrition. She believes in the process of continuous learning and aims to achieve excellence in her field. This is why after studying Yoga and Vedanta from the Mumbai University she opted for a PG program called Sports Science and Nutrition. And now she combines her learning of Indian traditional eating habits and nutrition science to develop ways that promote healthy living.
You know her as Kareena Kapoor’s dietician. But that’s not the only celebrity on Rujuta’s client list. Other celebrities who have achieved their fitness goals by following the Rujuta Diwekar diet plan and weight loss programs include Saif Ali Khan, Karisma Kapur, Anupam Kher, Alia Bhatt, Varun Dhawan, and Richa Chadha among others.
Rujuta is not just a dietician for celebrities. Her weight loss programs will indeed burn a hole in your pocket but she firmly believes that everyone should have access to health and fitness. This is why she shares a lot of her tips and guidelines on all her social media accounts regularly.
In her 20 years of career, Rujuta has also published several books that have gone to become bestsellers. Some of the Rujuta Diwekar books are: Don’t lose your mind, lose your weight (2009), women and weight loss Tamasha (2010), Indian superfoods (2016), Pregnancy Notes: before, during and after (2017).
Rujuta shares a special relationship with Kareena. She has been working with the gorgeous actress for years now. She is the reason behind Kareena’s significant weight loss after giving birth to baby Taimur. Though it was not all easy. Kareena had panicked but it was Rujuta who walked her through her weight loss journey.
Kareena recommends Rujuta and so do we! Read on to find more about the Rujuta Diwekar diet plan and weight loss exercises.
Rujuta Diwekar Diet Tips And Food Philosophy
According to Rujuta, the world’s best and healthiest diet is the one that keeps you connected with three things—farm, family, and heritage. And it should be enjoyable rather than being complicated. Her emphasis has always been on a blend of traditional foods and nutrition science.
Following are some of the Rujuta Diwekar diet tips for a healthier life:
- Exercise and diet impact your skin more than you would like to believe. Over-exercising and bad diet can lead to more acne. Going through crash diets can lead to poor skin health
- Begin your day with the combination of soaked raisins and saffron. This combo not only improves your skin’s quality but also makes sure that your periods are pain-free
- Add garden cress seeds in your diet for radiant skin. Make their laddoos or soak them in water to later add in milk or ghee
- You can eat homemade achar as it improves the health of your gut. And a healthy gut means better sleep and better absorption of Vitamin D
- Get your beauty sleep to prevent aging
- According to Rujuta, rice is nice. Having a diet as simple as that of rice, dal and ghee can have miraculous effects on the health of your hair
- Add fenugreek seeds in your diet to improve the quality of hair. Do not eat them soaked. But eat them in the form of laddoos or add them in pumpkin sabzi
- Coconut is great for both skin and hair. Drink coconut water daily to prevent hair loss and to promote hair growth. You can also include coconut in your diet by eating its chutney or by adding it over other food items as a garnish
- Turmeric has amazing benefits for hair. Strengthen your hair from within by including turmeric in your diet. Vegetables can be prepared by adding turmeric to them. You can also add turmeric to your glass of milk
For Overall Health And Weight Loss:
- Wake better every day with seasonal fruit or dried fruits and not with a cup of tea or coffee
- Ghee is good for your health. Have about three to six teaspoons of ghee in a day. You can add it to your food or cook your food in it as per your choice
- Focus on eating desi foods rather than running after exotic items. Makhana cooked in ghee or Gond laddoos make for an excellent nutritious snack
- Stay away from things which are not natural which means no processed food and no artificial sweeteners
- Drink adequate amounts of water in a day. The adequacy of your water consumption can be judged by the color of your urine. If it is yellow, you should drink more
- Reduce the use of plastic in your kitchen. Use your iron kadhai for cooking. Prefer heating the food over putting it into the microwave
Rujuta Diwekar Diet Plan
The Rujuta Diwekar diet plan is uncomplicated and inexpensive. The diabetic diet and the other issue-specific diets follow the same basic plan with added guidelines.
This diet plan can also be called as Rujuta Diwekar’s weight loss meal plan as Rujuta believes that once you get mindful about your diet and exercise, you become healthy and also have successful weight loss.
Here is the Rujuta Diwekar diet plan which was designed by her during the Fitness Project 2018:
- Meal 1 (within 15 minutes of waking up): Seasonal fruit or dry fruits or soaked nuts
- Meal 2 (within 60 to 90 minutes of meal 1): Homemade breakfast with ghee
- Meal 3 (within 2 to 3 hours of meal 2): Easy to carry eatables like nuts, coconut water, etc.
- Meal 4 (within 2 to 3 hours of meal 3): Rice or roti + vegetables or meat or dal + curd or pickle + ghee
- Meal 5 (within 2 to 3 hours of meal 4): seasonal sherbet or fruit-based drink or buttermilk
- Meal 6 (between 4 to 6 pm): Wholesome meal similar to breakfast or lunch
- Meal 7 (2 to 3 hours before meal 8): rice or a millet-based meal with ghee
- Meal 8 (before sleeping, if hungry): Milk with cashew or gulkand or chyavanprash
Rujuta Diwekar Weight Loss Exercises
Following a weight loss diet is not enough. You also need to follow a proper exercise routine to have effective weight loss.
You know by now about the Rujuta Diwekar diet and her food philosophy. It is time that you also get to know about the Rujuta Diwekar weight loss exercises. But first, you should read about the rules you should follow while creating your workout routine as suggested by Rujuta:
- There must be a two day resting period between two different weight training sessions
- The day of weight training must be followed by a day of cardio
- Cardio helps with weight loss but its effectiveness is increased when combined with resistance training
- Do not miss on warm-up or cooling down routine. Both of these ensure better exercise performance with a less chance of injury
- Yoga is an excellent form of workout and can be done daily. It is not only great for maintaining your physical health but also your mental health
- In a week you should do a total of 150 minutes of exercise
- Do not forget to have a rest day. Letting your body recover is as important as giving it exercise.
The Rujuta Diwekar Weight Loss Workout Plan
This is what a week of exercise should look like according to Rujuta:
Day 1: Weight training
Day 2: Cardio
Day 3: Yoga
Day 4: Weight Training
Day 5: Any physical activity you like as a hobby or else yoga
Day 6: High-intensity workout
Day 7: Rest
Rujuta Diwekar Weight Loss Programs And Fees
The exclusive consultation program run by Rujuta and her team is called “Mitahar”. With this program, you will learn to make intelligent choices when it comes to your food and exercise. And as a by-product, you will experience weight loss.
Even though Rujuta and her team are based in their Khar West office in Mumbai, this consultation program is designed to be followed from anywhere across the world. Whether you are based in London or LA, the distance won’t keep between you and your fitness. The consultations can happen over Skype, facetime, or phone.
This program comprises of three stages:
- The first one is the pre-consultation stage where you will be asked to fill out all details about your eating patterns and exercise routine. You will also be asked about your expectations of the program.
- The first stage sets the foundation for the second where the actual consultation takes place.
- The third one is the post-consultation stage. In this stage, you will be given a document containing a summary of what you learned from the program and how you can use it in life ahead.
If you want to join the Rujuta Diwekar consultation program, you have to choose from the following:
- The 3 Months Program
How it works: You will be guided by Rujuta’s team. You will have a nutritionist designated to you with whom you will have interaction every week. The meal plans will be supervised by Rujuta herself.
Rujuta Diwekar fees (INR): 1,90,000
- The 6 Months Program
How it works: This is a program where you will be guided by both Rujuta and her team. Along with weekly interactions with your designated nutritionist, you will also get to interact with Rujuta once a month.
Rujuta Diwekar fees (INR): 5,20,000
- The 12 Months Program
How it works: This program will be guided by Rujuta. You will have twice a month interaction with her along with follow-up sessions.
Rujuta Diwekar fees (INR): 10,40,000
Other Programs And Initiatives
Apart from her exclusive consultation program, Rujuta runs the following programs and initiatives for weight loss as well:
- Wellness Holidays: Go on wellness retreats with a customized nutrition and exercise program
- Invite Rujuta to talk in paid workshops and community outreach programs.
- The Unique 2-Month Program: Rujuta and her team would conduct a full-day workshop on a specific health concern at her ancestral farmhouse outside Mumbai and then will follow up with you over the next two months
- The 12-Week Fitness Project: It was conducted from January 2018 to March 2018 as well as in 2019
- Open Day: These are free of cost interactive sessions conducted by Rujuta once in every two months.
- Free Consultation Day: Get a 45-minute long one-on-one consultation with Rujuta’s team free of cost.