Shilpa Shetty’s Beauty Secrets Revealed: Yoga, Fitness And Diet Plan
Updated At 13 Sep 22
Wnat to know how Shilpa Shetty still has a glowing skin and toned body? Want to check out shilpa shetty beauty tips that she follows at a daily level?
Well, Shilpa Shetty, has defied the concept of ageing by aging so gracefully!
Her body is more toned than ever, she is a remarkable actress, author of the book - ‘The great Indian diet’, a Yoga aficionado, a wife and mother to her son Vivan.
Even at 43, Shilpa Shetty looks 20 something. Let’s delve into shilpa shetty's beauty secrets, diet plan and fitness routine.
Shilpa Shetty Fitness And Yoga
Shilpa believes in keeping her heart happy, staying active, consuming a salubrious diet and chewing her food. Her workout highlight is her immense love for Yoga and it takes away a huge chunk of the Shilpa shetty workout!
I joined Yoga to heal myself when I suffered cervical spondylitis, a few years back, and I just got drawn to it. I started practicing Ashtanga Yoga and once I tried that, I wanted to learn more about different forms of yoga. So, I did Vinyasa and now I’ve started doing Bihar School of Yoga. But the benefits are the same. All kinds of yoga practices help in strengthening and toning your body – both internally and externally
Shilpa shetty's weight loss journey is commendable. She gained almost 40 kgs during her pregnancy!
How Shilpa Shetty Lost Weight Naturally
- She started off with light exercises such as cycling and walking
- Increased her workout time gradually and also increased the intensity
- Included different workout techniques like functional, animal flow workout, conditioning workout, which she never did in the past
- Followed a strict diet with limited carbohydrates – balancing the protein along with vegetables and fruits
Shilpa shetty's fitness routine included yoga, cardio and strength training.
She followed the following workout regime:-
- Monday and Tuesday- Yoga, Pranayam and Meditation (Dhyan)
- Wednesday and Thursday- Strength training exercises
- Friday- Cardiovascular exercises and HIIT
Shilpa Shetty Diet Plan
Shilpa believes in a healthy diet and she has also written two books on the same- The great Indian diet and The domestic Diva. Let’s look into her philosophy of a diet.
Shilpa Shetty diet plan is simple. Shilpa’s key to maintaining a lean body is keeping your diet clean, natural, and avoiding artificial sugars or foods. She cannot stress enough on the importance of breakfast. Shilpa says that she does not skip breakfast because she does not have time.
According to her, if you don’t break your fast you are not doing good to your brain and body. She likes to keep it simple and quick. She is not someone who eats too much bread and so, she gets her dose of fibre from fresh fruits. She throws in some muesli with few slices apples, mangoes and almond milk – it’s her favourite breakfast bowl. She also loves eggs for breakfast as they make a complete meal. Following a strict meal has been one of the important shilpa shetty beauty secrets.
Here’s a sneak peek at Shilpa Shetty diet chart!
- Shilpa drinks a glass and a half of lukewarm water and then she has four drops of Noni juice that acts as an energy booster
- A bowl of muesli with fruits and almond milk Or 2 eggs boiled/scrambled Or Omelettes with avocado Or Whole wheat toast with butter
- One cup of milk tea with coconut sugar
- Brown rice or white rice
- Chicken or fish dish
- A simple salad made with just a cucumber and one carrot with a bit of sea salt
- A bowl with salad leaves, chicken bits, brown rice, beetroot (her “Yogi” bowl)
- Roti made of 5 different kinds of grains with dal and sabzi
- A tablespoon of ghee
- A piece of chikki after lunch to satiate her sweet cravings
- Two eggs or a sandwich with beetroot, cucumber and boiled potatoes with chat masala for extra flavor.
- Evening tea.
- Chicken soup or vegetarian soup
- Grilled foods, sabji, dal (anything that is low in carbohydrate content)
- Sometimes she also indulges in a scrumptious mushroom hot-pot rice
Shilpa Shetty Beauty Tips
Shilpa does not believe in overloading her skin with a barrage of fancy and alluring skincare products. Her mother says that the more products you use when you’re young, the worse it gets when you age. Here are the popular Shilpa Shetty beauty tips which are part of her daily skin care routine as well.
- She always removes her makeup at night! For this, she uses a natural cleanser such as coconut or olive oil that makes her skin soft and gets rid of the makeup and dirt.
- She ensures to get 8 hours sleep everyday.
- She does not use a hair straightener, only blow dries her hair.
- For makeup, she believes in bringing only one feature of your face to the foreground- eyes, lips or whatever you like! She and one should avoid it competestrongly recommends using an eyelash curler.
Shilpa Shetty Skin Care
Shilpa follows simple yet very effective guidelines to maintain her glowing skin.
- For beautiful skin and hair, she believes in nourishing herself internally. She follows her grandmother's advice of soaking and eating almonds, figs and walnuts for long and strong hair.
- Shilpa tries to minimize the usage of soap and rather goes a a homemade pack or a moisturiser whenever its possible.
- Before going to bed, she makes sure to cleanse her face with a combination of olive oil, bio oil and Johnson’s baby oil.
- She understands that the skin also needs nutrition so alongwith maintaining a proper healthy diet, she also goes for a deep tissue massage spa on a regular basis.
FAQs On Shilpa Shetty Beauty Tips And Secrets
Q- What is the most important thing poeple miss out on while going for weight loss?
Shilpa thinks that its a normal misconception that fats are bad and one should avoid it completely while going on a weight loss diet. She instead feels that fats are important so it is crucial to find the good fats and carbohydrates.
Shilpa suggests eating bananas and ghee (which is a regular part of her diet) even though both have high amount of carbohydrates and fats respectively. She also recommends switching to brown rice from white rice to increase fiber intake.
Q- What is the favourite breakfast of shilpa shetty?
Shilpa shetty never misses out on her breakfast. Her favourite breakfast is the mix of Muesli with fresh fruits like banana, berries alongwith a smoothie made of apple, blueberry, strawberry and yogurt.
Q- How Shilpa shetty started practicing yoga?
Shilpa suffered from cervical spondylitis and started with Ashtang yoga to strengthen the body and get rid of the issue. As she started practicing, she was drawn into it and started learning other asanas and forms of yoga. She feels that yoga is the perfect exercise as it provides you a strong body alongwith the mind.
Q- Does Shilpa shetty has cheat days?
Yes, shilpa shetty believes that one should definitely have cheat days. She herself has a cheat day on every sunday wherein she eats whatever she wants. Her regular posts on instagram are a proof of that.
She feels that this helps her to manage her cravings on the other days when she follows a strict diet.
Q- Which are the most important Shilpa shetty beauty tips?
Though there are many beauty tips that shilpa follows, she strictly abides by the following beauty tips which she think are very important.
- Always drink 3-4 liters of water everyday. She begins her day by consuming 2 glasses of lukewarm water with noni juice.
- She recommends minimizing usage of chemicals on the face and body. She herself tries to minimize the usage of soap and instead goes for a moisturiser whenever possible.
- She makes sure to change her shampoo regularly. Also, she ensures that her hair get washes once every 2-3 days.
- She always makes it a point to remove makeup.
- She avoids sugar and carbonated drinks and instead prefers green tea.