Busy Girl’s Guide To Fitness – Home Workouts And Lifestyle Changes
Updated At 13 Jan 22
Do you want to get in shape but never find time or motivation to do so? Do you have an idea of a perfect body in your mind, but have no clue how to achieve it? Then this guide is for all you busy bees! If you want to stay fit but never have time for a workout session then here are some handy tips for you!
1. Go for quick home workouts
A home workout works best as you can do it quickly even when you are busy. Additionally, you can perform it from the convenience of your home which gives you more flexibility and saves time.
A few yoga poses like Naukasana and Chaturanga Dandasana works best if you are time constrained.
Here’s a quick illustration of the way you can perform these 2 yoga poses at home.
- Lie down on your back with arms by your side. Keep your feet aligned and together. Inhale a deep breath.
- Lift feet and chest while stretching your arms and try to exhale simulteneously. Keep breathing deeply and maintain this postion for 5-15 seconds.
- Exhale slowly and come back to your normal position on ground.
- Chaturanga Dandasana
- Start with the Plank Pose by keeping your elbows over your wrists and by lowering your body a few inches above the ground.
- Keep the back flat and lift your chest so that shoulders and elbows are in the same line.
- Press the knuckles into the floor. Hold this postion for 5-15 seconds and then lower the body and relax.
2. Take the stairs
It would be easier and faster to take the elevator, but avoid that temptation and take the stairs! Using the stairs helps will not only help with blood pressure, heart diseases and weight loss but it will also tone your legs!
Take it up a notch by taking two steps at once, this is going to help you burn more calories.
3. Tone your arms with your handbag
This would be the perfect way to get some exercise while on the go!
Fill up your handbag, hold the handle and pump your arms each side 10 times to tone your arms. Do this only when you do not have to travel much, otherwise you would be carrying a heavy bag unnecessarily.
Yes! That’s right! Sleeping will help you become fit, the trick is to get seven to eight hours of sleep every night.
Sleeping well will allow your body to function properly and remain fit.
5. Remind yourself to take breaks
If you have a habit of sitting in front of your computer for a long time then put a reminder to get up after every 45 minutes or 1 hour to stretch your body or walk. Being hunched over for a long time would just weaken your back and make you feel tired.
Just get up from your desk, roll your neck, shrug your shoulders and stretch your legs and hands. This will help you release any tension and give you a boost of energy.
6. Eat right
It’s not about eating less, it’s about eating right! Make sure half your plate consists of vegetables. If you crave sweetness, just eat fruits. Use small plates at home and strictly avoid junk food and carbonated drinks.
Now that you are aware of the 6 most popular tips to remian fit without working out, incorporate this in your daily routine to remain healthy!