8 Amazing Things About Anushka Sharma – Virat Kohli’s Wedding
Updated At 10 Jun 18
Anushka Sharma and Virat Kohli had a perfect picturesque Tuscan wedding in Italy on 11th December 2017. The news set the world on fire as the power couple shared the news with their fans on social media.
Both Virat and Anushka posted on their social media accounts.
Today we have promised each other to be bound in love forever. We are truly blessed to share the news with you.
We present to you 8 Amazing things about Anushka Sharma and Virat Kohli’s wedding.
1. Wedding was planned in Sri Lanka
The families met in Sri Lanka and finalized the date in December as suggested by the family priest. The preparations soon took off although in complete secrecy.
2. World’s second most expensive holiday destination played host to Virat and Anushka’s wedding.
According to Forbes, the luxury heritage resort Borgo Finocchieto chosen for the wedding is the second most expensive holiday rental in the world in the month of December. It costs approximately $15,000 (Rs 9,65,000) to $18,471 (Rs 11,88,000) per night in the resort.
The Luxury resort in Tuscany also hosted US President Barack Obama and his wife Michelle Obama in May this year.
3. They appointed Shaadi Squad which is a boutique wedding planning and production expert to make their celebrations special.
Shaadi squad had a special thankyou note for Virat and Anushka through their social media post.
Four months of keeping a secret, hiding even from our own team, the secret recces, midnight meetings, vague conversations, and sleepless nights have finally manifested into this grand moment.
Thank you Anuskha and Virat, for making us part of your family and trusting us to pull off something of this magnitude.
You believed in us, even on those sleepless nights that we didn't!
4. Sabyasachi – the top fashion designer worked silently all throughout to design the wedding attire for both Anushka Sharma and Virat Kohli.
Anushka Sharma wore a pale pink lehenga with Renaissance embroidery in vintage English colours embellished with silver-gold metal thread, pearls and beads.
5. International award winning wedding designer Devika Narain took the charge for designing #Virushka’s wedding.
Anushka Sharma wanted a wedding that symbolised prosperity and growth. To showcase the same, a beautiful overgrown garden of love was created especially for her and Virat Kohli in ash rose and lavender.
As shared by Devika Narain on her social media account
Some days, the whole world conspires to make things right. Thank you @virat.kohli and @anushkasharma, it has been an absolute honour and privilege to be a part of your journey.
Devika earlier designed weddings of cricketers Robin Uthappa and Dinesh Karthik. For designing the wedding meticulously, Devika Narain worked with the wedding planners, Shaadi Squad.
6. Josep Radhik- an international award winner who have been featured in Vogue UK, Brides UK was the official wedding photographer.
Joseph Radhik wed Devika Narain earlier this year.
The wedding was such a big secret that both Joseph and Devika didn’t even tell their families about it.
7. Anushka made the grand entry with the popular track of singer Jasleen Royal “Din Shagna Da Chadeya”.
The singer couldn’t have been happier and shared on her social social account
The most beautiful entry this song of mine could have asked for! Congratulations @AnushkaSharma @imVkohli on your #DinShagnaDa #Virushka #HappilyEverAfter
8. Chef Ritu Dalmia took charge of the food at Anushka Sharma – Virat Kohli’s wedding.
The Chef included her signature dishes from her restaurant – Cittamani, in the wedding.
Post the wedding, the power couple will host the wedding reception on 21st December.
After the dream Tuscan wedding, Anushka Sharma and Virat Kohli will begin new innings in Mumbai as they will shift to their new residence in Worli, Mumbai in December.
We wish all the love and blessing to the power couple.